With more than 30 years of experience in designing, building, and developing, Mark Saunders is a developer you can trust. Mark Saunders, the builder and developer, has built, and serviced over 800 custom homes in the coastal area of southeastern North Carolina. He and his building company, Mark Saunders Luxury Homes, are well known for architectural innovation, superior craftsmanship, and a commitment to being there long after the last nail is driven.
Mark Saunders Luxury Homes was the initial building block for a conglomerate of successful businesses including development of large residential communities. Mark Saunders the developer offers home settings in communities along barrier islands, beautiful golf courses, the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, and pristine rivers.
As soon as a client has selected their community and individual home site of choice, Mark Saunders Luxury Homes’ complete in-house building services are available, including custom home consultation, a design studio, architectural design, project management, and interior design coordination.
Design/Build projects include: vacation resort homes, country club estate homes, luxury office space, amenity centers, high-end multifamily homes, and custom home renovations.
What distinguishes Mark Saunders Luxury Homes and Mark Saunders the developer from virtually all southeastern North Carolina builders is business longevity and an unwavering commitment to the thoughtful and tasteful design of every individual home built within his communities. Mark Saunders has been building and developing for three decades, yet each new home and each new community is as important to him as his very first were.
Mark Saunders has received numerous accolades, some of which include:
- Official Builder of the Coastal Living® 2009 Idea House (featured here: http://www.coastalliving.com/homes/idea-houses/seawatch-idea-house)
- Parade of Homes Diamond Award Winner for the “Conch” model home in the Seawatch at Sunset Harbor community: Master Bath for Attention to Detail Award
- Unique Architecture and Quality Craftsmanship Award; and the Parade of Homes Blue Ribbon Award for the “Conch” model home in the Seawatch at Sunset Harbor
- Developer of the Leopard’s Chase Golf Course, consistently ranked as one of the top ten public play courses in the State of North Carolina.
- Owner and manager of the Tiger’s Eye Golf Course, consistently ranked the #5 public play course in North Carolina
- Past President of the South Brunswick Islands Home Builders Association
Mark Saunders the developer is generally credited with changing the face of the South Brunswick Islands from one of simplistic and basic home designs to striking, appealing, and environmentally conscientious architecture.
Before becoming a successful developer, Mark Saunders was a grade and high school student in Richmond, Va., dreaming of one-day designing and constructing beautiful homes and buildings. He chose to follow his dreams by attending Virginia Tech, where he studied architecture and business management. After college, while working for Burlington Industries, the world’s largest textile manufacturer, Mark traveled to Brunswick County and realized how beautiful southeastern North Carolina is and the business potential it had. It was then and there that, Mark’s passion for designing and building homes was ignited and he started the beginning of The Coastal Companies with an innovative residential construction business. Working alongside his construction crew during the day, Mark designed homes and managed the business side of his growing company at night. Years of hard work and dedication led to the creation of success of many entities that, today, comprise The Coastal Companies.